Tomb Raider- The Dagger Of Xian is a fan made remake of Tomb Raider 2 in Unreal Engine 4. The good news is that unlike most fan projects, this one won’t be shut down as Crystal Dynamics themselves have green lit this project with the only condition being that the creator should not make a profit off of it. This makes us believe that Square Enix themselves won’t stop in to stop this project.
38 Minutes of Gameplay footage has been linked below, thanks to steven35175 on Youtube.
The demo that has been created by Nicobass includes a big part of the “Great Wall” level and is supposed to have a play time of around 1 hour. Nicobass has also shared the minimum PC specs to be able to run this game which is as follows:
- Windows Seven x64
- Graphics card 2GB VRAM with Dx11 compatible
- 4GB RAM (8GB strongly recommended)
- 6GB free disk space (1.8 GB for the downloaded file and 4 GB for the uncompressed folder)
- Any software able to open a .rar file (like Winrar)
- Download the file
- Use WinRAR or else to extract everything in a new folder
- If you need to install some prerequisite (Framework 3.5 etc…) go to Engine/Extras/Redist/en-us/ and execute UE4PrereqSetup_x64.exe
- Launch TombRaiderDOX.exe
If you can’t start it with all of these steps, try to launch it as administrator