In a recent FAQ put out by Ubisoft, new information about the PC version for Watch Dogs to has been revealed. It seems like a lot of care and attention is being put towards the PC version in order to make it look like a proper PC title, instead of a shabby port. 4K support and PC-centric UI looks to be a recurring highlight. Also present is Denuvo anti-tamper software protection, which some might be put off by, but is there for obvious reasons. Here’s the whole list of details as on the official blog:
Will there be an FPS cap?
No. FPS is entirely uncapped. We also have normal and sparse V-Sync modes, allowing you to cap it at monitor’s refresh rate, or half your monitor refresh rate, if you choose to.
Will the resolution be locked?
No. Resolution will not be locked. PC players will be able to choose the resolution they prefer, no matter if the play in full screen or in one of the many supported windowed modes (borderless, full-screen borderless, multi-monitor borderless, etc.). PC players can also freely adjust the size of their window. Beyond that, we offer the option for players to adjust the pixel density for their current resolution.
Are you optimizing the controls for keyboard and mouse?
Yes. Improved keyboard and mouse controls include:
- Full controls and UI adaptation for mouse and keyboard
- Raw mouse input for reduced latency and use of the Windows hardware cursor throughout the game, without additional signal filtering to smooth or accelerate mouse movement
- Advanced keyboard support – Keyboard hotkeys for every menu and app for faster access. Additionally, all hotkeys can be remapped
- Mouse-centric UI: any UI screen, menu or smartphone app supports full mouse interaction
- Toggle/Hold modes for different controls (Aim, Sprint, Walk, Inventory, etc.)
Will WD2 on PC have multiple save files?
Yes. Watch Dogs 2 on PC will have multiple save files support. This feature will allow PC players to have up to three autosave slots, for three separate playthroughs. For the full list of PC improvements, read this article.
Will there be anti-cheat?
Yes. Watch Dogs 2 will include anti-cheat and we will have a strict code of conduct to ensure all our players are playing fair. This is an important topic that we will be covering in more detail at a later time.
Will Watch Dogs 2 be using Denuvo?
Watch Dogs 2, like all Ubisoft PC games, will use an anti-tamper solution by Denuvo. Watch Dogs 2 requires a one-time online activation upon installation — an industry standard practice — and then can be played offline.
Does Denuvo have any impact on the performance of the game?
Denuvo’s anti-tamper has no perceptible effect on game performance. For further information, please refer to www.denuvo.com
How are you making the PC version a real PC experience?
We really wanted to make sure the PC version of Watch Dogs 2 was made with players in mind. PC players will get full 4K support, uncapped FPS, truly mouse-centric UI, and graphic features like screen space reflections, headlight shadows, among other improvements. For the full list of PC improvements, read this article.
- Driving adaptation for keyboard (digital to analog adaptation; ability to change steering sensitivity).
- Mouse-centric UI: menus, smartphone, apps: clickable buttons, mouse-over states; drag & click map.
- Advanced keyboard support (shortcuts for everything, every menu and every smartphone app can be navigated with the keyboard).
- Graphic features like screen space reflections, headlight shadows, MSAA.
- Lots of windowed modes (e.g. borderless, borderless widow, borderless multi-monitor, etc) with native resolution scaling. You can also freely resize your window with the mouse.
- Lots of Video options (e.g. FOV slider) and lots of quality settings.
- Raw mouse input without any additional signal filtering to smooth or accelerate mouse movements
Are there any PC exclusive features that we can expect in Watch Dogs 2?
We really wanted to make sure the PC version of WD2 was made with players in mind. PC players will get full 4K support, uncapped FPS, truly mouse-centric UI, and graphic features like screen space reflections, headlight shadows, among other improvements.
For the full list of PC improvements, read this article.
Will Watch Dogs 2 support 4K gaming?
Yes. Watch Dogs 2 on PC will fully support 4K gaming.
Will the game support SLI?
Yes. SLI will be supported at launch.
What are the specs of Watch Dogs 2 on PC?
The system requirements for Watch_Dogs 2 are:
64-bit operating system required
Supported OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit version only)
Processor: Intel Core i5-2400S @ 2.5 GHz / AMD FX 6120 @ 3.5 GHz
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 (2GB) / AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2GB) or better
Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2 GHz / AMD FX 8120 @ 3.9 GHz
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (3GB) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (4GB) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (3GB) or better | AMD Radeon R9 290 (4GB) or better
Hard Drive: 50GB available storage
Peripherals: Windows compatible keyboard and mouse / Microsoft Xbox One Controller /
DualShock 4 Controller
Multiplayer: 256 kbps or faster broadband connection
For more news and reviews, keep checking back at Gaming Central.