Set in a city plagued by visions and a flood, The Sinking City puts you in the shoes of a Marine turned Detective. Your characters also shares visions similar to those of the denizens of the Sinking City, and he’s here to investigate and discover the source. With a dreadful and immersive atmosphere, some truly horrifying elements, The Sinking City is a really well made game with a few minor flaws. The discovery and exploration is really rewarding, and you need to study the map manually and understand where you need to go next. The gameplay has some issues though – it’s janky and clumsy. And there are some performance issues. However, despite these problems, I have never played a game quite like this and would easily recommend it to anyone.
Clever deduction system
Cool map navigation
Score – 8.5/10
The Sinking City is an adventure and investigation game set in an open world inspired by the universe of H.P. Lovecraft, the master of Horror. The half-submerged city of Oakmont is gripped by supernatural forces. You’re a private investigator, and you have to uncover the truth of what has possessed the city… and the minds of its inhabitants.
- An oppressive atmosphere and story inspired by the universe of H.P. Lovecraft.
- A vast open world that can be explored on foot, by boat, in a diving suit…
- High replay value thanks to an open investigation system: each case can be solved in a number of ways, with different possible endings depending on your actions.
- An arsenal of weapons from the 1920s with which to take on nightmarish creatures.
- Manage your mental health to untangle the truth behind the madness.