Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to reveal new gameplay from Metro Exodus. Showcased in the Microsoft E3 2018 Press Conference and taken from one entire sandbox survival area, the new gameplay trailer details the adventures of Artyom and our band of Spartans as they smash into the Volga region in the spring time.
Full of new experiences, The Volga region of Russia encompasses the drainage basin of Europe’s largest river, The Volga, as well as dangerous bandits, a crazy religious cult, and a range of vicious mutants desperate to make Artyom their next meal.
4A Games have re-imagined the landscape of the East European plains in awe inspiring detail, including the flooded remains of villages and factories where life was forever changed 25 years previously. What will the Spartans find? Will they survive the challenges of the region?
“4A are extremely proud to be showing 4K gameplay of one of our vast open levels exclusively on the world’s biggest videogames stage” said Andriy Prokhorov, Creative Director and co-founder at 4A “We can’t wait to reveal more of Artyom’s journey in the coming months”
Metro Exodus is planned for release on February 22nd 2019 on Xbox One, the PlayStation 4, and PC.
Be the first to learn more about this incredible new title by registering for updates at MetroTheGame.com.
The year is 2036.
A quarter-century after nuclear war devastated the earth, a few thousand survivors still cling to existence beneath the ruins of Moscow, in the tunnels of the Metro.
They have struggled against the poisoned elements, fought mutated beasts and paranormal horrors, and suffered the flames of civil war.
But now, as Artyom, you must flee the Metro and lead a band of Spartan Rangers on an incredible, continent-spanning journey across post-apocalyptic Russia in search of a new life in the East.
Metro Exodus is an epic, story-driven first person shooter from 4A Games that blends deadly combat and stealth with exploration and survival horror in one of the most immersive game worlds ever created.
Explore the Russian wilderness across vast, non-linear levels and follow a thrilling story-line that spans an entire year through spring, summer and autumn to the depths of nuclear winter.
Inspired by the novels of Dmitry Glukhovsky, Metro Exodus continues Artyom’s story in the greatest Metro adventure yet.
• Embark on an incredible journey – board the Aurora, a heavily modified steam locomotive, and join a handful of survivors as they search for a new life in the East
• Experience Sandbox Survival – a gripping story links together classic Metro gameplay with new huge, non-linear levels
• A beautiful, hostile world – discover the post-apocalyptic Russian wilderness, brought to life with stunning day / night cycles and dynamic weather
• Deadly combat and stealth – scavenge and craft in the field to customize your arsenal of hand-made weaponry, and engage human and mutant foes in thrilling tactical combat
• Your choices determine your comrades’ fate – not all your companions will survive the journey; your decisions have consequence in a gripping storyline that offers massive re-playability
• The ultimate in atmosphere and immersion – a flickering candle in the darkness; a ragged gasp as your gasmask frosts over; the howl of a mutant on the night wind – Metro will immerse and terrify you like no other game…