Morphies Law is an immensely fun multiplayer shooter with a neat little twist – when you shoot an enemy, the body part that gets hit shrinks for them and gets enlarged for you. Good at taking headshots? Well, now enemy heads are smaller and your head is a lot bigger. Dominating the battlefield? Now you’re a giant, and a lot easier to hit, while all the enemies are tiny. Everything can get really disproportionate, depending on where you or the enemies are getting hit, and it’s ridiculous fun. There’s a ton of customization, both for you and the weapons, and I came to really dig the depth here, especially since everything is so vibrant and colorful.
Your body parts also have abilities, and their size can change the strength of the respective abilities. For example, if you shoot the enemy’s feet, it shrinks and so does their running speed, while your’s increases.
The game and the ideas it brings with it feel incredibly clever and I am having a blast paying it. Easily one of the more fun multiplayer shooters this year.
Tons of depth
Takes a while to find matches sometimes
Score – 7.5/10
Morphies Law is a wacky mass stealing, robot morphing 3D shooter with a simple basic law: when you get hit others, they shrink and you grow. This unique mechanic balances the game by making skilled players become big and easy to hit, whereas beginners shrink until they become difficult targets.
- Morphing robots: the Morphies have 8 body parts that grow and shrink individually, the size of each body part has a direct effect on your actions.
- Plugins for your body: each body part has an unique Plugin that gives the player a powerful ability. Unlock new Plugins to create new strategies.
- Make your own weapons: you can unlock weapon parts and combine them at will to make the perfect weapon for you!
- Unique game modes: mass-based game modes with different goals but with one thing in common: size always matters more than kills!
- Maps with unique features: every map has an unique mass-related feature that’ll make it different from the rest!
- Customize your Morphie: make your Morphie truly unique! Personalize your Morphie with a variety of stock and custom options!
- Crossplay: full cross-platform compatibility with owners of Morphies Law on Nintendo Switch.