They Are Billions is a survival based strategy game set in a steampunk world. You have to gather resources, build defences and wait for attacks that scale up exponentially. The name is They Are Billions, and there truly are billions. The Survival Mode has shorter rounds where you face the climatic conditions, build and survive against hordes. The levels are randomly generated. Building and maintaining the colony comes with a fair bit of strategizing, managing and upkeep. You’ll also be investing into various types of defensive and offensive units, each with their own benefits. The world itself is rather pretty in its own grim way and seeing thousands of units on screen is a delight, if a bit scary.
Addictive gameplay loop
Great depth and variety
Score – 8.5/10
They Are Billions is a strategy game in a distant future about building and managing human colonies after a zombie apocalypse destroyed almost all of human kind. Now there are only a few thousand humans left alive that must struggle to survive under the threat of the infection. Billions of infected roam around the world in massive swarms seeking the last living human colonies.
Lead the campaign under the orders of Quintus Crane, ruler of the New Empire, and reconquer the lands devastated by the infected.
- 48 missions with more than 60 hours of gameplay.
- Build fortified colonies to survive in infected territories
- Destroy the swarms of infected with the Imperial Army.
- Make your colonies evolve with more than 90 available technologies.
- Explore the ancient human fortresses with your Hero.
- Discover the story behind the apocalypse… how did the pandemic start?