Today, Ubisoft announced that Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Siege PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X | S versions are coming on December 1st. Among many improvements, this version will allow gameplay in 4K and up to 120 FPS, depending on the mode chosen by the players (performance or resolution). Players will be able to upgrade their version on the same family of devices at no extra cost*. More than five years after its release, this launch on new generation consoles is a momentous step in the continuous support of Rainbow Six Siege brought by Ubisoft.
Current players on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One will be able to keep their progression, and also upgrade their game at no extra cost* on the same family of devices. Cross generation play is also available within the same family of devices,allowing PlayStation 5 players to face PlayStation 4 players, and Xbox One players to face Xbox Series X | S players. Cross play between different families of consoles or between PC and consoles is not currently supported.
Next-gen console players will be able to experience Rainbow Six Siege with the highest graphical enhancements the game has to offer. These enhancements will offer multiple options for prioritizing either performance or resolution, granted players are equipped with a compatible device:
- 4K Resolution (PS5, Xbox Series X) / 1080p (Xbox Series S)
- 120 frames per second (PS5, Xbox Series X)
- DualSense controller capabilities for deeper immersion (PS5)
- Activities support for most popular playlists so players can dive into the game faster (PS5)
For all platforms, the following features are also being implemented for an enhanced next gen experience:
- Better accessibility (Readability options, text to speech & speech to text)
- Quick start (Optimized login flow, streamlined intro sequence)
- Ubisoft Connect (Connect overlay on all platforms)
Rainbow Six Siege is already available on next gen consoles on their Playstation 4 and Xbox One versions.
This next generation of hardware provides the latest tech and features available, and Rainbow Six Siege will keep improving to leverage all the new opportunities offered by these new platforms.