Update 3.10 brings a graphically enhanced and smoother No Man’s Sky to the next generation of consoles. All enhancements are available to PC players.
Continue your journey in a universe with bigger bases, lusher planets, more players, faster warp speeds and more—free for all existing players.
• Fuller Worlds – Wander across lusher, denser alien environments than ever before. Planetary terrain is populated with thicker grasses, flowers, fungi and rocks, rendered with higher resolution textures and more detailed geometry. These improvements are available on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, and all PC players who run on Ultra settings.
• Richer Base Construction – Base building on next generation consoles can reach more ambitious heights, with the ability to construct larger and more complex builds.
• Your Journey Continues – Seamlessly transition your No Man’s Sky journey to the next generation. Xbox One saves are automatically compatible with the next Xbox generation, and PlayStation 4 players can upload their save data in-game for download on PlayStation 5.
• 32-Player Multiplayer – For the first time, console players, on next generation hardware, can traverse the universe in sessions of up to 32 players. Explore, build, fight and survive alongside more Travellers than ever before.
• Cross-Play – All iterations of the universe are now united, and Travellers on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X / S can explore alongside Travellers on all other platforms.
• 4K Resolution at 60 Frames Per Second – Players with 4K compatible TVs can enjoy the universe in ultra high resolutions with smoother performance. PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X owners can experience a smooth 60 frames per second at 4K resolutions, and Xbox Series S owners can customize their experience with a choice between high quality native resolution at 30 frames per second or high performance at 60 frames per second modes.
• PlayStation 5 Trigger Feedback – Players on PlayStation 5 will experience the console’s new sensory features in No Man’s Sky. Subtle haptic feedback allows you to feel the kick of your Multi-Tool as you blast Sentinels or mine resources, or the satisfying click of slotting a building part into place.
• PlayStation 5 3D Audio – New 3D audio technology increases the accuracy of positional sounds, immersing you deeper into the universe.
• PlayStation Virtual Reality – PlayStation VR owners can continue to experience No Man’s Sky in Virtual Reality on PlayStation 5 via the backwards compatibility functionality.
• Ultra Visuals – Graphical rendering on next generation consoles is enhanced at every level, with improved lighting, shadows, animation fidelity, volumetric effects, texture quality and greater draw distances.
• Improved Warp and Start-Up Speed – On all next generation hardware, use your Hyperdrive or the ancient Portal network to warp between systems more rapidly than ever, with warp speeds up to ten times faster than on current-generation consoles. Embark on a new adventure or continue an existing journey with incredible load times.