Mordhau is melee combat game, said to the be spiritual successor to Chivalry. You play as a variety of infantry classes in the medieval times, including swordsmen, archers, horsemen, and so on. The game can be tough during the early hours, but there is a fairly decent tutorial that teaches you the basics – well, there’s nothing really basic to Mordhau’s complex combat system, but the tutorial does what it can. You play in various games modes, across a variety of maps, and a lot of them are really fun. Mordhau might be tough to get into, but once you’re in, there’s almost certainly something here for you to love.
Looks gorgeous, dismembered limbs and all
Excellent combat system
Depth of gameplay can lead to some hilarious and tense encounters, very memorable
Lots of customization
Minor balancing issues
Score – 9/10
MORDHAU is a medieval first & third person multiplayer slasher. Enter a hectic battlefield of up to 64 players as a mercenary in a fictional, but realistic world, where you will get to experience the brutal and satisfying melee combat that will have you always coming back for more.
- Massive battles: From small-scale engagements to 64-player all-out war in modes such as Frontline and Battle Royale.
- Cooperative & offline play: Fight waves of enemies alongside your friends in the cooperative Horde mode, or practice your skills offline against AI.
- Free-form melee and ranged combat: Gain complete control over your character and attacks and develop your unique style.
- In-depth character customization: Sculpt your face, create your weapon from parts, and pick out individual pieces of armor to create the perfect warrior.
- Huge arsenal of weapons & equipment: Take on enemies with a greatsword, rain arrows from above, or even sit back and build fortifications.
- Fight anywhere: Experience cavalry charges, fight on ladders, and operate siege engines such as the catapult and ballista.
- Visceral and gory combat: Feel the impact of every blow, and send limbs flying as you wreak havoc upon your foes. (Blood & gore are optional)
- Believable fights: A game where fights look believable, MORDHAU strikes a balance between gameplay and realism.