EA and Respawn have officially confirmed that the open beta (or technical test, as they call it) for the upcoming Titanfall 2 will take place on the PS 4 and Xbox One over the next couple of weekends.
The first round will start this Friday, and includes two maps and two game modes. The next open beta will add another map and game mode, bringing the count to three each. The beta will frature pilot abilities like Pulse Blade, Grapple and Holo Point, along with two new Titans, Scorch and Ion.
Here’s what EA’s description about the two betas says:
- Bounty Hunt (5v5): A brand new mode that pits Pilots and their teammates against an opposing team as well as the Remnant Fleet. Earn bonuses by killing grunts and enemies, but make sure and deposit all your points at the bank between waves without getting killed.
- Pilots vs. Pilots (8v8): Players can be the best Pilot on the Frontier and put their combat and mobility skills to the ultimate test in this classic 8 vs 8 Pilots only mode.
- Amped Hardpoint (6v6–second weekend only): A new twist on Hardpoint Domination from the original game; now defending a Hardpoint will let you amp it, giving your team double score. Team work is the key to securing victory.
- Boomtown: A secret underground IMC facility where the latest in R&D is put to the test. In this facility Pilots can use the many peaked roofs to use as cover against combatants below. With tight lanes through the middle, Titans can also be easily ambushed.
- Homestead: The IMC have claimed Imminent Domain on a small commune’s plot of land. With a series of raised, rocky plateaus and a river running down the middle, Pilots are mostly safe from Titans among the rocks and trees but they also can duck into the caves and building when needed. However, the Titans control the large rolling fields.
- Forward Base Koda (second weekend only): Militia forces have taken over an IMC substation and set up a forward operating base. Pilots can find safety from Titans in the hallways and chambers of the main building, while Titans can walk over the roof to get a better view of the action.
The open beta is only coming for the consoles has Respawn hasn’t optimized the game for the large amount of possible configurations on the PC, so they had to skip it for the time being. EA hasn’t announced when the open beta will end. The game will release worldwide on 28th October.
For more news and reviews, keep checking back at Gaming Central.