We’re thrilled to finally share the Call of Duty: WWII Private Multiplayer Beta with you beginning August 25th on PS4. While this Beta is only a small part of the feature-rich Multiplayer experience coming in November, it is a critical test of our core gameplay, our game systems, as well as a stress test of our online infrastructure at scale.
We love the active dialog we have with the Call of Duty community, and value the exchange of ideas and constructive feedback we have with fans. Your feedback will help us finalize features, optimize gameplay balance, and refine the remaining development roadmap to launch. So please explore, rank up, and have fun. Share as much feedback as you can – everything helps. The development team will be playing non-stop, and we’ll be monitoring performance and collecting valuable data around the clock.
As you can imagine, we receive a lot of feedback internally from the development team playing the game, but it’s a different experience when fans around the world play together for the first time. Two of our biggest announcements at E3, Divisions and War Mode, will be live for the first time and we look forward to sharing them with you during the Private Multiplayer Beta.
First, Divisions replaces the Pick 10 Create-a-Class system, and delivers the fantasy of enlisting in one of five iconic fighting groups in the world’s most brutal conflict. This test of the Private Multiplayer Beta will feature an introduction to a portion of the player’s soldier progression and the underlying foundation of Divisions, and we can’t wait to hear your thoughts on it. The final design of this new feature will continue to be fine-tuned as development continues from now through launch.
Also, we’re excited to hear from you after you’ve played Operation Breakout, our first War Mode experience. War, developed in partnership with our friends at Raven Software, is a new way to play Call of Duty Multiplayer in an immersive Allied vs. Axis fight across the war-torn village of St. Lo, France.
Here’s an overview on what you should expect in the Private Multiplayer Beta:
• Maps – At least three Multiplayer maps, including: Pointe Du Hoc, Ardennes, and Gibraltar.
• War – Operation Breakout
• Modes – Fan-favorite modes, including Team Deathmatch, Domination, and Hardpoint.
• Divisions – Enlist in the Infantry, Expeditionary, Airborne, Armored, or Mountain Division. You are not limited to any one Division, and we encourage you to try them all!
• Progression – Players will begin at Soldier Rank 1 and rank up through a limited progression to unlock weapons, scorestreaks, equipment, and Basic Training Skills.
Here’s what you should not expect in the Private Multiplayer Beta:
• Headquarters – We’re testing the match-making of this all-new social experience, but access to this space will not be active during the Multiplayer Beta.
• Supply Drops, and Loot – These customization features that add depth and personality to your soldier will not be included in the Multiplayer Beta.
• Esports – Ranked Play, Game Battles, and our suite of competitive features will be accessible when we release in November.
• Additional content not in the Private Multiplayer Beta includes: full progression, remaining maps and modes, additional War Mode maps, and the full armory of weapons, scorestreaks, Basic Training, and equipment.
We’re also pleased to announce that we’ll be unpacking the Private Multiplayer Beta content and dropping more intel in our Call of Duty: WWII livestream from Cologne, Germany at GamesCom 2017 on August 22nd at 10AM PT time. Look for more information over the coming days, including tune in information from the SHG and COD social accounts.