Season Two of Call of Duty: Vanguard and Warzone sees armored war machines and chemical weapons bring global conflict to a new level.
On Caldera, Captain Butcher and company uncover Axis intel on “Nebula V”, chemical weapon located around the island and stockpiled in a hidden stronghold in the Swiss Alps. Forming another team in Task Force Yeti — consisting of a trio of alpine warfare and close-quarters combat experts — Butcher invades the Axis hideout, where they soon find out just how devastating this weapon can be if released into the world.
The latest season of free and additional content within Call of Duty: Vanguard and Warzone will see its first full day of action on February 14, following updates to Vanguard and Warzone. These updates will be available to download at 9 AM PT on February 10 for Vanguard and at 9 AM PT on February 14 for Warzone, after which both updates become live. Once both updates are downloaded, you can enjoy Double XP opportunities across both games to celebrate the launch of this new season.
View the Season Two Cinematic here:
WARZONE FEATURES AND UPDATES
- New Features: Nebula V, Redeploy Balloons, and More. Nebula V Ammo and Bombs create new offensive tactics, while Portable Decontamination Stations offer temporary refuge. Alternatively, take to the skies with Redeploy Balloons and Bomber planes.
- Explore the Chemical Factory and underground Chemical Weapon Research Labs. Watch for Armored Transport. Fresh points of interest in Caldera are here to shake up those rotations. Axis soldiers patrol these new areas and are found around the island in vehicles… Defeat them for powerful rewards.
- Caldera Clash at Launch, Rebirth Reinforced Midseason. The massive team fight returns — rank up those weapons and fight for Caldera outside of traditional modes. Meanwhile, there are rumors of a resurgence at Rebirth Island… and we’re not talking about the game mode.
- Prove yourself in Ranked Play. Launching alongside the 2022 Call of Duty League season, expect to begin your Ranked journey and play like the pros.
- Two new Multiplayer maps. Duck through the busy streets of Casablanca or partake in some ski-shooting in Gondola, two midsized maps ready to be mastered.
- Free Perks, Killstreak, and Equipment in Battle Pass. Prepare to switch up those Loadouts and shoot for a 12-Killstreak — the Season Two Battle Pass is stocked with free Multiplayer content for all to use.
Celebrate Valentine’s Day in Vanguard
Don’t have an IRL Duo for Season Two launch day? Vanguard will feature a Valentine’s Day themed experience with some Double XP opportunities and thematic changes for dropping in around this time.
Coming in Season: Arms Race and Vehicles — Launch Patch Notes to Drop in the Coming Days
An Arms Race with Armored War Machines is bigger than infantry combat — it’s piloting Motorcycles, Squad Transport Vehicles, and Tanks en route to destroying enemy bases. This and other features are expected to arrive during Season Two. Sledgehammer Games will release their initial Patch Notes next week, including weapon balance changes.
- Dimensions shift and the Dark Aether opens. The undead assault heats up in Egypt’s Eastern Desert, where a portal to the Dark Aether opens alongside other new arenas…
- A new Artifact gives you strength to conquer the Deceiver. Vercanna the Last joins the fight to tend to your squad’s wounds with Healing Aura… and aid against the three-faced Zaballa the Deceiver.
- Wonder Weapons to aid with new Objective & Story Quest. Wield the Ray Gun and Decimator Shield alongside new armaments as you partake in Sacrifice and uncover the secret to defeating Kortifex.
VANGUARD AND WARZONE OVERVIEW
- S.O.T.F. 007 reports for duty. Task Force Yeti is the first line of defense against Nebula V. Start Season Two strong with Anna Drake, available in the Battle Pass.
- Four New Weapons. Two midrange tools can be found in the Battle Pass, while the Ice Axe and a hard-hitting SMG are slated to drop during the season.
Introducing S.O.T.F. Yeti — Three New Operators Available in Battle Pass and Bundles During Season Two
An elite trio who joined Butcher in a high-risk — and even higher-altitude — raid for Nebula V, Task Force Yeti is the seventh Special Operations group out of Vanguard’s forerunners for tactical warfare. Each brings its own favored weapon and background to the front lines, with Austrian assaulter Anna Drake leading the pack via Season Two’s Battle Pass.
Four New Weapons
Operators will get their hands on several classic armaments to bolster their Loadouts across Multiplayer, Zombies, and Warzone.
Stay Tuned for Battle Pass Intel, Guides, and More
This is only the beginning of what’s in store for Season Two.In the coming days, the Call of Duty blog will take a deeper look at Task Force Yeti, the Season Two Battle Pass, the key additions to Warzone, and the initially available new Multiplayer maps. Forthcoming blogs and wider communications will also feature notes from all three main studios — Sledgehammer Games, Treyarch, and Raven Software — about everything Season Two will bring at launch, including important bug fixes, general updates, and file sizes.