Just today Rovio Entertainment announced the voice cast for its upcoming animated Angry Birds movie, and the line is nothing short of impressive. Featured below are the actors who star in the movie.
- Jason Sudeikis—(SNL, Horrible Bosses)—He is the lead role in the movie and play the role of a bird named Red who has a “temper problem.”
- Josh Gad—(Frozen, 21)—Plays “speedy” Chuck.
- Danny McBride—(Eastbound and Down, This is the End)—Plays the “volatile Bomb.”
- Bill Hader –(SNL, Superbad)—He plays a pig
- Maya Rudolph—(Bridesmaids, SNL)—She plays someone called Matilda
- Peter Dinklage—(Game of Thrones, Destiny’s Ghost)—He plays a bird named Mighty Eagle
- Keegan-Michael Key—(Key and Peele)
- Kate Mckinnon – (SNL)
- Tony Hale—(Arrested Development)
- Ian Barinholtz—(Neighbors)
- Hannibal Buress—(Broad City)
- Cristela Alonzo—(Cristela)
- Jillian Bell—(22 Jump Street)
- Danielle Brooks—(Orange is the New Black)
- Romeo Santos—( Latin Music Singer)
- Ian Andre Hecox and Anthony Padilla—( of YouTube fame)
“These are some of the funniest people out there today, and we’re thrilled to have them all on board,” said producer John Cohen in a statement.
Not much is known about the plot for the Angry Birds movie but it is being written by veteran Jon Vitti who is best known for his work on The Simpsons.
The Angry Birds movie hit theaters on the 1st of July 2016 and is also the Rovio’s first shot at the big screens. The studio has worked on smaller sized productions like the Angry Birds Toons animated series, which has gathered more than 3 billion views till date.
Sony Pictures Imageworks will be producing the film and distributed around the world by Sony Pictures. Animated movie veterans Fergal Reilly (Spider-Man 2,The Iron Giant) and Clay Kaytis (Wreck-It Ralph, Tangled) are attached to direct.