For those who are not familiar with the title, Enderal: The Shards of Order is a total conversion of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim that you can play for free. Being developed by SureAI Studio, the game made its debut appearance back in 2013. Since then, there have been a lot of trailers and in June, the studio said that the English version of the game would be available in July. But the release got delayed due to some reasons, but the team has promised that it is indeed very close.
@SM_Jericho Next week 🙂
— SureAI (@SureAITeam) August 4, 2016
Technically a mod for Skyrim, the game simply uses the graphical resources and engine used by the parent game, but has an environment, lore and story of its own. SureAI is the same team that made the critically acclaimed Oblivion mod Nehrim: At Fate’s Edge. According to the studio, the game offers “an immersive open world, all for the player to explore, overhauled skill systems and gameplay mechanics and a dark, psychological storyline with believable characters.”
Here are some of the features as provided by SureAI’s official website:
- An open world with its own lore and hand-crafted, detailed and diverse landscapes (desert, heathlands, forests, jungles, mountains and more)
- An unconventional story with psychological and philosophical undercurrents
- German and English localizations, both fully voiced by dozens of speakers, many with a professional background
- Multi-faceted, believable characters with own ambitions and motivations
- Overhauled gameplay with experience points, survival mechanics and hard, challenging combat
- An overhauled skill system with classes and new special abilities
- A housing system allowing the player to design their own homes
- 30 to 100 hours of expected playtime
The original game is in German, but the studio has confirmed that the English version will be a complete translation, while emphasizing the fact that even though it is a Skyrim mod, Enderal is an entirely stand-alone, full-sized RPG experience, telling “an unconventional story with psychological and philosophical undercurrents.”
Surely, the game looks pretty amazing from the screenshots, and if the previous attempt was such a huge success, we have nothing but to expect the same from Enderal.
Check out the launch trailer for the game below:
And again, you can play Enderal: The Shards of Order for free, as long as you own a copy of TESV Skyrim. Pretty sweet deal, isn’t it?
For more news and reviews, keep checking back at Gaming Central.